Is there a problem with wifi appstore?

Hi everyone,
I’ve been experimenting with a breadboard homemade espboy for about 8 months now.
Everything works fine.
I mostly use wifi appstore to change software.

Last month, I wanted to try some of the new arduboy grayscale, but every time I try to connect to the server, I get the message “FAULT, try later”
It seems my ESPboy is connected to my box.
On the ESPboy, I get “WiFi connected” and “Server check…” just before the “FAULT, try later”.

At first, I thought the server was down. But even with all the time Roman has spent on his updates, he would have fixed it by then.

Is it because my ESPboy is homemade and my MAC address is not accepted anymore. Since ESPboy is an open project, I don’t think it’s appstore will some day be reserved to “legit” ESPboys, so I’m pretty sure it’s not why I can’t connect.

This afternoon, I played with my odroid go and I wanted to update retrogo using it’s update firmware option. It seems the odroid’s esp32 can’t access to the update server either.
As for the ESPboy, it’s connected to the wifi, but it doesn’t seem capable to access internet anymore. It still can access the ntp server it uses to know what time it is (it’s been off for too long to be on sync with the right time. The device doesn’t have any RTC).

I live in France and I have a Freebox to connect to Internet.
I suspect there’s something wrong with my Freebox and that any esp8266 or esp32 device can’t properly connect to Internet.
I think it happened after a short power shutdown in the neighborood. When the power went back on, the Freebox seems to have updated it’s firmware. I even I a problem with a voip phone.

Can someone please confirm that ESPboy’s appstore is fully functionnal?
And if there’s another Freebox user with firmware v4.8, can this person please tell me if his ESPboy has access to wifi appstore?

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Nevermind, I found it.
Turns out it was my dns settings. With google’s 8.8.8.8, I access just fine.

1 Like