ESPboy gameboy emulator

ESPboy gameboy emulator was done!
Now you can play old retro Nintendo Game Boy games on ESPboy
Mario, Zelda, Kirby, etc…

Nintendo Game Boy is an 8-bit handheld game console developed and manufactured by Nintendo. It was first released in Japan on April 21, 1989. The Game Boy combines features from both the NES home system and Game & Watch hardware. The Game Boy and its successor, the Game Boy Color, have sold an estimated 118 million units worldwide. It is one of the most recognizable devices from the 1990s, becoming a cultural icon in the years following its release.

Here is the source code

Thanks to @deltabeard for Peanut-GB emulation core!

5 Likes

As far as I can see the PeanutGB core has improved considerably in the 16 months that have passed since the implementation of GB emulation on ESPboy. I am still experimenting with different displays and testing this new kernel. Probably in a few days I will give my impressions

2 Likes

Very nice! One question I have: is this legal? Er, like, if I play some games with this, will the fbi bust open my door?

Also, is the aspect ratio perfect for the ESPboy? Or is it cut-off a bit? Oh, I see. It is cropped. Would a slightly bigger (say, 128x160) display be better?

• you can call the fbi and ask them. but I am not aware of any such case where there has been a problem with the use of ESPboy and its software.
  • emulator can crop the original picture or rescale to 128x128
  • original ESPboy uses LCD TFT 1.44’’ 128x128
1 Like